Dear Lee County Citizens,
I am honored to announce that I will continue serving as your Clerk & Comptroller for the next four years. This election cycle marks the second time that I have been reelected unopposed, and I am deeply moved by your confidence in my leadership. Since first being elected in 2012, I’ve implemented new services designed to improve your access to justice and protect your tax dollars.
- We launched a Self-Help Center and partnered with Legal Aid to provide free attorney consultations to help citizens navigate the courts.
- After the overwhelming success of TurboCourt in Lee County, I was incredibly proud to spearhead the statewide rollout of the program. It’s never been easier for Floridians to complete and file complex small claims, evictions, family, and domestic violence court forms.
- In 2019, we launched Property Fraud Alert, a free service that notifies registered homeowners when a deed or other document in their name has been recorded.
- We provided virtual options for recording documents, marriage license applications and ceremonies in response to the pandemic.
- Our Inspector General uncovered a million dollar fraud scheme at the Port Authority, resulting in 10 arrests.
Over the next four years, you can expect your Clerk’s office to raise the bar even further. We’ve already laid the groundwork to provide you with faster, more convenient access to your public records. We will continue to provide government and guardianship oversight with excellence. And by adopting new technologies, we will continue to improve efficiencies in our courts.
- We are working to achieve paperless processing of all Lee County court orders, giving our judicial partners quicker access and speeding up the wheels of justice.
- I am leading a project that will, for the first time, give the public access to the Clerk’s statewide court case database.
- We will implement artificial intelligence to automate the docketing of new court filings, dramatically increasing faster access to your public records.
- We will be turning over more guardianship cases to the State Attorney for prosecution of guardians who are stealing from those they are supposed to be protecting.
Serving this community as your Clerk is my honor and privilege. It’s my goal to have the Lee County Clerk of Courts be recognized as a premier model of exceptional government. This cannot be accomplished without your input, transparency – and most importantly – the dedication of my professionals. My Clerk team members consistently deliver improvements in technology, efficiencies, services, and conveniences to our community. They are an amazing team, and I am proud to work with them.
Thank you for the support and trust you have placed in me. I pledge to continue to provide the essential services of the Clerk at the highest level of quality that you have of come to expect.
I am honored that you have once again entrusted YOUR Clerk’s Office to me.
Lee County Clerk & Comptroller