We are grateful for people like you who empower our arts community to embrace self-expression, imagination and individuality. This September, connect to the arts and to each other with host of diverse online, onsite and outdoors programs and events.
Exhibits September 11 – October 17 • Virtual opening reception: September 11
This exhibition features artists who create work that engages with play and toys in interactive, mischievous and subversive ways. The show entertains while disrupting the status quo; one could easily enjoy it as a collection of nostalgia and delight, but the artists have skillfully transformed the lighthearted theme of “play” into a dialogue of contemporary issues.
This vibrant and immersive exhibit will engage audiences of all ages and backgrounds through (socially distant!) public programming including a free, virtual opening reception, online artists and curator talks and an online, needle felting workshop instructed by exhibiting artist.
Gallery and gift shop hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. or by appointment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected and inspired from your living room, kitchen table or studio with our online art classes! This month, we’re offering:
- Beginning Acrylic Painting
- Draw with Charcoal: Develop and Improve your Drawing Skills
- Fridays with Francesco Workshop
- Introduction to Drawing
- Breathing Techniques for Health and Wellness
- Soulful Solo Performance
- Tips and Tricks to Photographing Your Artwork
Register now to enjoy these courses in a safe, virtual space full of joy, shared experiences, and in a live and interactive way.
Class size at the Alliance is limited to 10 students so register now to ensure your spot to create with us! This September, onsite classes include:
We’re also offering outdoor youth classes on our amphitheater stage including ArtPlay: Dance for Artists with Autism, Hula Dance Class, Musical Theatre Dance for Teens, and Creative Movement and Dance for preschool/kindergarten aged students.
Membership gives you access to the benefits you know and love and ensures the sustainability of the Alliance and our mission to transform lives and improve our community through the arts.
Feel good about doing good while enjoying discounts on classes, events, gift shop purchases, and exhibit entry fees; members-only exhibits, field trips, museum reciprocals (NARM), member book club, as well as, a host of new offerings:
- Creativity Crate – a weekly dose of inspiration sent directly to your inbox.
- Virtual Artist Q & A with our Gallery Director and exhibiting artists.
- Artist Directory – connecting Alliance member artists to each other and their collectors.
- Online Member Photography Club – learn helpful tips and tricks to enhance your photography.
- Take a virtual curated tour of The Met with Alliance Members!
- Artist Open Studio Returns! This is your chance to socialize and collaborate with fellow members while creating to your heart’s content
Support the arts with an Alliance for the Arts membership today.
Deadline: November 6 • This new exhibition opportunity, in partnership with The Bailey-Matthews National Shell Museum, asks artists to dive into water – an essential component of life on our planet, environmentally, culturally and historically. Prizes will be awarded including $1,000 cash for Best In Show, $250 for 2nd place, $100 cash for 3rd place and Juror’s Choice Award of $50.