NAPLES, Fla. (Aug. 12, 2020) – Elite Jets Charters has hired six additional pilots as the Naples-based company responds to surging demand for private air travel in light of COVID-19.
The new pilots have experience flying private, commercial and cargo planes, and also have taught their craft as flight instructors. Elite Jets now employs 18 FAA-certified captains, pilots and first officers based out of the company’s private terminal at Naples Airport. Combined, the company’s pilots have flown more than 57 million nautical miles over their careers.
“Adding new pilots allows us to schedule more flights each week, and ultimately help additional passengers safely travel to and from Southwest Florida,” said Stephen Myers, Elite Jets’ executive vice president. “Industry experts believe demand for private air travel will stay strong for years to come as passengers remain apprehensive about traveling commercially. Our latest additions position the company well for future growth.”
Elite Jets has implemented additional safety protocols to keep passengers and staff safe, as well as new cleaning protocols for its terminal, five jets and helicopter. The focus on safety offers reassurance for business and leisure travelers that have opted for private air transportation as commercial aviation faces unprecedented challenges with safety, social distancing and flight scheduling.
The additional pilots hired at Elite Jets include:
- Jorge Lopez, Captain: Pilot who has flown private jets and cargo planes. Proudly assisted the nation’s military by flying fallen members back to Dover Air Force Base.
- Jorge Martinez, Captain: Former commercial airline pilot who flew long-haul international flights in Airbus series planes. Has flown routes in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
- Brandon Parks, Pilot: Aviation experience as a pilot, flight instructor and aircraft mechanic.
- Israel Ordonez, First Officer: A pilot and flight instructor who has taught private, instrument, commercial and Cirrus transition courses at a flight school. Has installed a full-size flight simulator at his home.
- Kyle Nornberg, First Officer: Owned and operated a flight school for five years, and served as part-owner and pilot of a 135 charter.
- Karl Herrmann, First Officer: Owner, operator and pilot of several planes, including a Beechcraft Baron, Cessna Caravan and Grumman Cougar. He is also an Emmy-winning TV production engineer. Started flying planes at age 11.
Elite Jets continues to fill additional positions. For more information, please visit EliteJets.com or call 239-900-9000.
ABOUT ELITE JETS CHARTERS
Founded in 2016, Elite Jets is a premier, safety-focused charter aircraft service that serves destinations across the U.S. and abroad. Elite Jets’ fleet includes four Phenom 300s and one Legacy 500, along with a Bell 407 helicopter. The company’s Embraer luxury jets are well-suited for business and leisure travelers while offering an eco-friendly, best-in-class carbon footprint. Elite Jets maintains an Argus Platinum Rating, a prestigious safety and quality designation earned by just 5% of charter operators nationwide. The company also is registered with the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (ISBAO), a set of industry-leading best practices, and the WYVERN safety data network, which displays its Safety Intelligence Report and regulatory compliance information. Passengers enjoy concierge-level service from Elite Jets’ new private terminal at the Naples Airport, 125 Aviation Drive South in Naples. Charter flights and empty leg flights are available. For more information, please visit EliteJets.com or call 239-900-9000.