FORT MYERS, Fla. (Oct. 21, 2020) – The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce will host its 2020 Business Summit virtually this year, bringing the local business community together for an expanded multi-day summit Nov. 16-19.
The virtual event launches at 4 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 16 with a keynote address by Christin Collins, “Thriving Through These Unprecedented Times: Organizational Health Starts with You!” Collins will discuss why business leaders need to care for themselves first in order to lead a healthy organization and live a life of optimal well-being.
Virtual workshops will be held at 8 a.m., noon and 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 17 and Wednesday, Nov. 18, featuring 18 one-hour sessions led by local business leaders. The Chamber has announced the lineup of workshop sessions and speakers, which include:
- Understanding Financial Statements: Neil Schnider, Florida Small Business Development Center at FGCU
- Cannabis & Its Positive Impacts to Lifestyle & Wellness: Cole Peacock and Terry Tincher, Seed & Bean Market
- It’s Not a One-Night Stand, It’s Your Brand: Christopher Spiro, Spiro & Associates
- Pandemics, Racial Justice and Elections: What Employers Need to Know in 2020 and Beyond: Suzanne Boy, Boy Agnew Potanovic, PLLC
- Resilience and Community Relationships: Diana Willis and Nicole Nunez, Jason’s Deli; Will Prather and Melissa Vogt, Broadway Palm; Jim Larkin, Crowne Plaza at Bell Tower; moderated by Jessica Walker, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A.
- Video by the Numbers: Mike Haley, M&M Multimedia
- Tax Topics Related to Business: Angela Cooley, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A.
- Introduction to the Florida Institute for Political Leadership: Andrew Wiggins, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Make Your Mess Your Message: Jason Teeters, SecondMuse
- When Should You Seek Help From a Physical Therapist?: Joe McGilvrey, Apex Physical Therapy
- Building the Ultimate Business Plan: Dorothy Browning, Florida Small Business Development Center at FGCU
- Pivoting Your Business: Cole Peacock, Seed & Bean Market
- Powering Up Your Marketing & PR Program: Teri Hansen, Holly Boldrin and Melissa Mitchell, Priority Marketing
- Generating Sales Success in These New Times: Angela Schivinski, Florida Weekly
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing: Janeth Castrejon, CareerSource Southwest Florida
- Knowing Your Business Ecosystem, Its Attack Surface & Pragmatic Steps to Defend It: John Schlager, Inceptus
- How to Find a Job in a Time of Uncertainty: Rose Fuller, FGCU
- Government Contracting 101: Robert Warner, Florida Small Business Development Center at FGCU
The Business Summit will conclude Thursday, Nov. 19 with a special session led by Tessa LeSage of FutureMakers Coalition, “Introduction to a Conversation about Structural Racism & Implicit Bias,” and a closing presentation by Charly Caldwell, “Make 2021 Your Best Year Ever Through the Power of the 5P’s,” which will guide business leaders in creating a personal and professional plan for success in 2021.
The virtual Business Summit is $75 for members of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce and $99 for non-members. Attendees can choose to attend nine live sessions, including the keynote and closing presentations, and will also receive the recordings of all sessions and presentations. To register and learn more about each session, visit FortMyers.org/Events/Business-Summit or call 239-332-2930.
ABOUT THE GREATER FORT MYERS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Serving Lee County and surrounding areas since 1989, the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a business organization of professionals who support and promote a progressive, sustainable community. The Chamber represents over 750 businesses, professionals, and individuals throughout Lee County, providing opportunities for members to participate in a variety of meaningful networking, educational and community- and business-focused programs and events. The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is located at 2310 Edwards Drive in downtown Fort Myers. For additional information regarding membership opportunities or events please call 239-332-2930 or visit www.fortmyers.org. For the latest news and updates, follow the Chamber on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gfmcc or Twitter at @FtMyersChamber.