Lee County has identified $25 million in emergency relief funds to support businesses hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds are available as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act federal stimulus package. Inn phase 2 of the County’s business assistance program, Lee County will provide emergency financial support through the Lee CARES Business Assistance Program for Job Creation (Business Rehire) Grant Program for qualified businesses that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program provides %4,000 in grant funding to local businesses for rehiring a full-time position equivalent (FTE) which was included in the payroll as of March 1, 2020 and is re-established and filled July 6th or afterward.
- $5,000 grants per rehire with maximum grants of $10,000 for businesses with 10 or less employees for hiring up to 2 FTEs
- $5,000 grants per rehire with a maximum grants of $20,000 per business with between 11 and 250 employees for hiring up to 4 FTEs
- $2,000 of each job grant may be accessed once the FTE is back on the payroll on July 6th or afterward. The other $3,000 of each job grant may be accessed once the FTE position has been retained for 60 days.
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM DETAILS
- Businesses must certify that their payroll coverage period has expired.
- IF your payroll period has expired and you wish to use this grant to keep your PPP covered employees, you must complete the PPP Form in the Required Documents section.
- Rehire/hire at least one (1) full-time equivalent (FTE) job (One FTE equals two Part-Time jobs with a minimum of 20 hours per part time employee) Note: FTE are W-2 only, etc. 1099’s are not considered employees (FTE rehire cannot include business owner, investor or their immediate family members)
- The position must be hired/rehired after July 6th, 2020
- A minimum wage of $10/hour per position is required. (NOTE: FL. Min. Wage is $8.56/hr. Not applicable to Wait Staff Positions)
- If an employee is no longer available, a new employee may fill that position.
- For more information regarding the LeeCares Business Rehire Grant application. visit www.leeflcares.com
- You may also call 239-533-CARES (2273) – available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.