Submitted By: Susan Bennett
The Fort Myers Community Concert Association, Inc., Board of Directors has announced that Sanibel Captiva Community Bank has agreed to be the underwriter of the entire 2024 concert season.
“Sanibel Captiva Community Bank has been a wonderful supporter of the Community Concert Association for many years and we are happy to welcome them as the series sponsor for 2024,” said Community Concert Association President Mary Lee Mann.
Program sponsors include Alexandra Bremner in honor of her late mother Eunice Bremner, the Cross Foundation, John and Pam Noland of Fort Myers and Ellie Fox of South Fort Myers.
Stacey Brown and Holly Leland also were welcomed as new board members.
The announcements were made at the fall meeting of the Community Concert Association Board November 5 sponsored by FineMark National Bank & Trust Co. and Fran Fenning.
Mary Lee Mann reported to the Board that series tickets are still available for this year’s 74th Concert Series that begins in January with five concerts:
- Canadian Brass – January 7, 2024. Since its formation in 1970, the Canadian Brass has been playing for audiences throughout the world with a repertoire that ranges from Bach and Handel to Joplin, Gershwin and Ellington. The group has received a combined total of 24 Grammy and Juno nominations and played Carnegie Hall, toured China and performed before five prime ministers.
- Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra – January 16, 2024. Officially named Bulgaria’s national orchestra in 1945, The Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra has roots going back to 1892. The orchestra has long established itself as one of Bulgaria’s leading cultural institutions and has garnered substantial world-wide recognition. The Philharmonic’s repertoire comprises works from the entire historically available range of music from classical to contemporary opuses, including performances of numerous works by Bulgarian composers.
- Great Voices from Opera to Broadway – February 5, 2024. Concerto Soloists Internationale returns to the Community Concert Association with all new music, featuring popular highlights from grand opera to Broadway to pop performed by international soloists from four continents with a live on-stage orchestra and an emcee.
- Barcelona Flamenco Ballet – March 7, 2024. Known for its outstanding and unforgettable productions, the Barcelona Flamenco Ballet offers an innovative combination of both traditional and more modern and contemporary flamenco dance set to musical styles ranging from classical to jazz to conventional flamenco.
- Kyiv Virtuosi Symphony Orchestra – March 19, 2024. Years of friendship and collaboration between a group of talented Ukrainian laureates and world famous conductor and cellist Dmitry Yablonsky led to the creation of the Kyiv Virtuosi Symphony Orchestra. During this year’s “Tour of Freedom,” the orchestra will be joined by MultiPiano, a unique piano ensemble ranging from one piano with four hands to several pianos in a variety of multi-hand combinations.
All performances will be at the Barbara B. Mann Hall on the Florida SouthWestern College campus in Fort Myers. All five concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and are included in one ticket price, which ranges from $155 for orchestra and mezzanine seats to $85 for lower balcony seating and just $65 for upper balcony.
For season memberships for all five concerts, call Community Concerts at 239-693-4849.
Single tickets will go on sale December 1. All single tickets cost $55 for orchestra/mezzanine seating; $35 for lower balcony seating; and $25 for upper balcony seating.
For tickets, call the Barbara B. Mann Hall box office at 239- 481-4849 or visit www.bbmannpah.com
For Community Concert Association information, visit www.fortmyerscommunityconcerts.org.
About the Fort Myers Community Concert Association
The Fort Myers Community Concert Association, now in its 73rd concert season, is an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization founded by the legendary Barbara B. Mann in 1949 to bring world-class entertainment to Southwest Florida at affordable prices. The association consists of more than 1,200 members, underwriters and sponsors. Performers brought to Fort Myers in the past by the association include Violinist Itzhak Perlman, The Israel Ballet, The Boston Brass, Minnesota Orchestra, Cleveland Orchestra, Vienna Boys Choir, Flutist James Galway, Pianist Andre Watts, Violinist Joshua Bell with the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and many others.
Photos from 2023 Fall Meeting: (all photos identified left to right unless otherwise noted)
- Board Member Jeanne Tyrer, Board President Mary Lee Man, Board Member Fran Fenning;
2. Chip Cartisano, Board Member Lynn Cartisano;
3. Board Vice President Ian Mann and Board Member Bobbi Stage (Fort Myers);
4. Board Treasurer David Hall and Gail Hall;
5. Board Member Victoria Stephan, Bruce Stephan and new Board Member Stacy Brown;
6. Board Member Pat Mann and Jena Mann;
7. Board Members Alyce Bochette and Liston Bochette;
8. J. D. Leland, new Board Member Holly Leland and Deanne Kyle;
9. Board Member Jeannie Martin, Board Member Gloria Fassett and Board Member and Program Sponsor Ellie Fox;
10. Bill Spikowski and Board Member Alison Ackerman;
11. Barbara Shafer, Richard Shafer and Board Secretary Maria Bahruth;
12. Board Member Karen Globetti;
13. Board Member Katherine Caldwell