Music, Comedy, Cabaret, and Burlesque To Be Featured during February and March
The Players Circle Performing Arts Center, located at the Shell Factory and Nature Park in North Fort Myers, announces its 2021 winter nightclub season of music, comedy, cabaret shows, and burlesque. Shows will run from February 4 through April 1. The venue has reinvented itself from a 200-seat professional theatre to a 50-seat nightclub with limited, spaced seating, temperature checks, thorough sanitizing, and masks worn by all audience members. It complies with all CDC guidelines.
Over 30 performances are scheduled for the winter season:
- Danny Sinoff will be in residency every Thursday, beginning February 4; he will sing and play jazz featuring music from the American songbook. He will be accompanied by singer/drummer Patricia Dean and Scott Smith on bass. 7:00 p.m. Tickets $15 and $25.
- February 5-6. R.C. Smith, stand-up comedian, will return; he’s known as one of the best “warm-up guys in the business,” and has been featured on television and played comedy clubs around the country. Friday, 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 7:00 p.m. Tickets $15 and $25.
- March 5-6. Carmen Ciricillo, nationally known comic headliner—recently featured on TV’s America’s Funniest Home Videos. Friday, 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 7:00 p.m. Tickets $15 and $25.
- February 12-14 and 19-21. Guys and Doll: Love on the Rocks, a musical revue, features three experienced singer-actors accompanied by maestro Brian Gurl on the keyboard. They will sing Broadway songs from Porter to Hamilton. Friday, 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 7:00 p.m.; Sunday, 2:00 p.m. Tickets $25 and $35.
- February 26-28. Expect the unexpected, when Brian Gurl returns with singer Michele Pruyn in this musical Revue, Gershwin with a Twist. Friday, 8:00 p m.; Saturday, 7:00 p.m.; Sunday, 2:00 p.m. Tickets $25 and $35.
- March 19, 21. Ladies of Country, starring Rebecca O’Quinn singing the songs of Patsy, Tammy, June and Dolly. Friday, 8:00 p.m., Sunday, 2:00 p.m. Tickets $25 and $35.
- March 20. Popular burlesque troupe, Glam! Bam! Burlesque! will return for shows at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tickets $35-$60. Warning-this show contains adult entertainment and is not for the easily offended.
- March 26-28. Hot Keys and G Strings. The piano and violin magic of Brian Gurl and Carlann Evans. Friday, 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 7:00 p.m.; Sunday, 2:00 p.m. Tickets $25 and $35.
Tickets for all shows can be purchased online at Playerscircletheater.com or by calling 239-800-3292. Register on website to get updates on all performances. Free parking is available for all performances. A lite dinner and special cocktail menu are available in the theatre 45 minutes before every performance. Full dinner is available before all shows at the Southern Grill Restaurant in the Shell Factory; call 239-995-3999 for reservations.
ABOUT THE PLAYERS CIRCLE PERFORMING ART CENTER
The Players Circle Performing Art Center was developed by veterans of the Southwest Florida theatre movement, Carrie Lund Cacioppo and Robert Cacioppo. They are prominent faces of theatre in Lee County for over 35 years, having started Lee County’s first professional theatre on Sanibel Island and the Florida Repertory Theatre, which has been named “One of America’s best regional theatres” by The Wall Street Journal. Players Circle Theatre is a professional black box theatre providing Broadway-level entertainment. Follow it online at PlayersCircle.org.