As COVID-19 vaccine distribution begins, Sheriff Carmine Marceno wants you to be aware of emerging fraud schemes:
- You are asked to pay out of pocket to get the vaccine.
- You are asked to pay to put your name on a vaccine waiting list or to get early access.
- Advertisements for vaccines through social media platforms, email, telephone calls, online, or from unsolicited/unknown sources.
- Marketers offering to sell or ship doses of the vaccine for payment.
- Requests from someone you do not know asking for your social security number, bank account information or credit card information.
If you believe you have been the victim of COVID-19 fraud, immediately report it to: